Code of Conduct
These Code of Conduct House Rules are provided at La Maison Pacifique (“the Property”) to ensure that Guests and Visitors understand and comply with the specific Rules governing their permission to enter and occupy the Property.
These Rules have been prepared in accordance with the House Rules under Part 4 of the Holiday and Short Term Rental Code of Conduct stipulated by the Holiday Rental Industry Association (“HRIA”) of which the owners of the Property are fully paid members.
As owners we commit to the HRIA Code of Conduct and require that all Visitors and Guests do the same.
Note: The Property includes the land title boundaries of 5 Beason Court, 6 Beason Court (Home) and 11 Bozier Court, Casuarina NSW 2487.
- Guests and Visitors must comply with all House Rules, By-Laws and instructions from the Property Consultant and security services during their stay; and
- Guests must notify the Property Consultant of any disputes or complaints from neighbours as soon as is practicable.
Noise and Residential Amenity
- Guests and Visitors must not create noise which is offensive to occupiers of neighbouring properties:
- especially between 10pm – 8am;
- during arrival and departure;
- at any time throughout the occupancy;
- Offensive noise is prohibited and may result in termination of permission to occupy the Property, eviction, loss of rental paid and extra charges for security and other expenses. These expenses may be deducted from the Security Bond under the Terms and Conditions; and
- Guests and Visitors must not engage in anti-social behaviour and must minimise their impact upon the residential amenity of the neighbours and local community.
- Guests are responsible for ensuring the limits set on Visitor numbers is complied with at all times; and
- Guests are responsible for ensuring that any Visitors comply with these House
Gatherings or Functions
- The Property is not a “party house” and any such activities are strictly prohibited;
- Any gathering, celebration or entertainment permitted at the Property must not conflict with residential amenity of neighbours and the local community and must comply with all the other requirements;
- Offensive Noise and anti-social behaviour is prohibited;
- Wedding ceremonies and receptions are prohibited; and
- Schoolie bookings are not accepted.
- Guests and Visitors are to comply with parking regulations and other requirements set out below and show consideration to neighbours and other vehicles;
- Parking arrangements at the Property are as follows:
- In the allocated parking space at the front of the property at 6 Beason Crt, Casuarina;
- In the allocated parking spaces on the blocks of land at 5 Beason Crt and 11 Bozier Crt (the two garden blocks on the Northern side of the Property).
- Visitors and guests must provide to the owners the registration plates of all cars attributable to the booking prior to arrival;
- All local Council by-laws in relation to parking must be adhered to including but not limited to ensuring that no access is blocked to other neighbours or other general areas in the streets surrounding the Property; and
- Failure to comply with the above conditions may result in fines from Tweed Coast Council (enforceable by law) and will be the full responsibility of the car owner/s.
Garbage and Recycling
- Guests and Visitors must dispose of garbage and recycling in accordance with the usual practice at the Property (as set out below) in the allocated bins;
- Garbage and recycling arrangements at the Property are as follows:
- Bin day is Friday morning (please ensure bins are accessible to the trucks and placed according to instructions on the street on Thursday evenings);
- Rubbish is to be sorted according to Tweed Coast Council guidelines and requirements into the specific bins for each purpose;
- Any excess rubbish (greater than that allowable in the bins) is to be removed by guests either prior to or on departure;
- Any excess rubbish (greater than that allowable in the bins) must not be left in public or common areas; and
- If bins are on the street on your arrival at the property, please move them to the bin area inside the property.
YELLOW BIN for recycling plastics, glass bottles, cardboard, paper and cans – emptied every fortnight, alternate week to red bin
GREEN BIN is for organic matter such as all food scraps, including bones, fruit, peel, tea bags. Garden matter such as flowers, leaves and grass clippings also to go in the Green bin – emptied every week
RED BIN for all remaining general rubbish not covered by other recycling bins – emptied every fortnight, alternate week to yellow bin
- Whenever you are absent from the Property, close all windows and doors to maintain security and prevent rain and water damage; and
- Please ensure all doors are locked and windows closed when you depart the property.
- Permitted use of the swimming pool/spa area is between the hours of 7.00am and 10.00pm each day only;
- No glassware is permitted in the pool;
- Children and non-swimmers must be supervised at all times when in the vicinity of the pool and spa areas and is the responsibility of all guests;
- The safety of all guests and visitors is their own responsibility;
- Guests are to ensure that the pool gate is never ever propped open and that it always fully closes after opening; and
- The pool and spa is to be operated according to the instructions outlined in the instruction booklet. Failure to do so may result in damage which may result in repairs, resulting in full or part forfeiture of security bond.
Deck and Balcony Areas
- Deck and balcony areas are available for use from 8.00am to 10.00pm each day only.
- The Property is a strictly no smoking property;
- Any evidence of smoking within the vicinity of the property will result in full forfeiture of the security bond; and
- Please ensure that any butts are disposed of thoughtfully.
- This is a strictly no pet property; and
- Any evidence of pets within the property boundaries will result in full forfeiture of the security bond.
- It is the responsibility of all Guests to ensure the safe use of the BBQ (including that only responsible users operate it);
- The BBQ is not to be moved from its designated position on the kitchen deck;
- The BBQ is to be cleaned post use by guests and prior to departure. Any extra cleaning costs incurred as a result of an unclean state may result in partial forfeiture of the bond. This will be limited to the extent of the extra cleaning costs incurred + an administration fee.
Damages and Breakages
- Damages and breakages must be reported to the Property Consultant and paid for appropriately. An administration fee may apply.
- All doors and windows are to be locked when the Property is unoccupied (including on departure);
- The Property is to be left in a tidy state (to enable full security bond refund); and
- The access code will be deactivated at 10.00am on departure day unless a late check out has been approved and confirmed in writing prior (at which time the access code will be deactivated at the agreed check out time.)
Emergency contact name and telephone numbers are:
Ms Di Hendy
Phone/SMS: +61 411 052 759
Breach of these House Rules is a breach of
- The Terms and Conditions of contract; and
- The permission for occupancy of the Property; and
- The Owner and Property Consultant therefore reserve the right, in accordance with law, to terminate the permission to occupy and to evict from the Property, Guests or Visitors who refuse to follow these House Rules or who cause a nuisance.
At the Property, every effort is made to ensure all stated facilities and equipment are working to their full capacity on guest arrival. If not, guests are encouraged to contact our Property Consultant immediately to advise any issues (details are left on site) to enable repairs to be undertaken as quickly as possible.
The owners will accept no responsibility for facilities/equipment not working where every effort has been made for a quick repair, but due to circumstances beyond their control (ie. but not limited to: unavailability of parts or service personnel) the facility/equipment is not available during a guest’s stay.
Guests will not be eligible for any compensation/reduction in paid rent for facilities/equipment not working.
Separately, no post departure claims for compensation will be accepted.