It has been a little busy in March and April this year – starting off with a very successful Wedding Open Day at Osteria, then coordinating all our bookings over these last few months. We are delighted to say that occupancy has been terrific, although we are starting to free up in May. If you are considering coming to our beautiful region in the next few months, there is still plenty to see! The whales start arriving on the Coast in June (through to November) and we particularly enjoy the influx of visitors we get wanting to escape the southern winter for a milder, beautiful break on the Tweed Coast. There is plenty to see and do, so don’t forget to follow us on twitter (@MaisonPacifique) for your weekly updates on What’s on in our region.
Newsflash – our new Garden and Car parking area opens in May, 2014!
Yes, it is true! Our neighbours have been eagerly watching the development of our two blocks of land adjoining our northern boundary at La Maison Pacifique. With the expert help of Dave, our fabulous gardener, we have not only developed a herb garden on the main La Maison Pacifique site (basil, rosemary, mint etc), but have developed the blocks into an organic, tropical, citrus and bush tucker garden paradise! We will be developing a map for our guests outlining all our plants but you can expect to see frangipanis, a citrus orchard, herbs, bush tucker, teas, tropical plants and a large grassed area, perfect for your fun games with your families! So, when you book with us now, you will not just get almost 700m2 of land for our beautiful main property but a new attached garden (through the secret door!) of almost 1500m2. Yes, we are trying to keep the bush turkeys from tearing up the plants (a natural hazard in our area), but as our trees and bushes grow, there will be multiple opportunities to not just sit in the garden, but eat the bush tucker and (eventually) pick the fruit from our citrus orchard.. Imagine your photo opportunities too. 🙂
The garden is fenced off, and within the fences are two new car parking areas – each with enough space for two cars. So, where there is more than one family staying, you now have secure parking – behind our new gates.
Just another couple of reasons to book your next holiday at La Maison Pacifique!
We at La Maison Pacifique love exploring our local area – and we’ve come up with the Top things to do at Fingal Head for you. When it comes to odd facts, they don’t come much odder than the fact that this charming Tweed village was named after the mythical Celtic giant Fingal who reportedly built the famous Giant’s Causeway in Ireland.
Fingal Head is situated just across the Queensland border in the Northern Rivers/Tweed Coast area of Northern NSW and is a mecca for those who like to be close to the Gold Coast, but enjoy the quiet serenity of this beautiful border town.
In our social media world, there are some wedding ettiquette – social media style tips that you can follow which can ensure that you embrace not only your newly-engaged status, but are mindful of the ettiquette involved – and keeping everyone happy too!
We have found this great article The New Rules of Wedding Etiquette by Simone Hill (published on theknot.com.au)which will give you, (the bridal couple) and your guests some tips and tricks and the do’s and don’ts of wedding ettiquette – social media style.
We love supporting local events and initiatives and were delighted to be invited show you La Maison Pacifique at Osteria’s Wedding Open Day in Casuarina recently.
Thankyou to all the beautiful brides, handsome grooms, friends, family and guests that came to visit our stall. We hope that you all enjoyed your special La Maison Pacifique Candle (by Jaabay Candles) as a momento of a great day.
As you know we love promoting local things to do in and around our beautiful, luxury, beachfront holiday home – La Maison Pacifique – in Casuarina so we have had a chat to another local – Carla – and put together for you “Carla’s Top things to do in Kingscliff” NSW.
Firstly though – a little about Carla. Carla is a local business owner – of the store “On Kliff” on Marine Parade in Kingscliff. As a long term resident and friend of many, Carla’s is the place to shop for the latest fashion in Northern NSW (at least we think so!). As a fashion designer herself – and with her own label – Mode Village – where all her fashions are manufactured locally on the Gold Coast, Carla has a unique eye and a stylist’s approach to making her clients look great. One thing I really appreciate when I visit Carla is that she is not shy about saying what styles and fashions would suit you best – and she is right too!
When planning your wedding there are many decisions that you have to make – including favours. Wedding Candles are a great choice for wedding favours and at our stand at the recent Osteria Wedding Open Day, we offered a free, specially designed Jaabay Candle with our own signature scent “Montego Bay” to all visitors to our stand who signed up to our regular monthly newsletter.
So, why did we decide to go with Jaabay Candles and put our own Wedding Candle favours together? Well, the owner, Sally and I decided that we want all our guests who stay at the beautiful La Maison Pacifique to leave with a lasting memory of their stay.
To inspire your special day, we’ve put together for you our Top Wedding Dance Videos. From Mums dancing with sons, brides dancing for their grooms (and vice versa) and Fathers/Mothers couples tearing up the dance floor with their daughter/son, over the last few years, there has been some fantastic, fun, sentimental, beautiful and poignant wedding dance videos streaming to us all via the internet.
We’re not going to rank/rate them, but smile with us as we enjoy the special moments for these couples and their families and friends – and does this inspire you to do something too?
At La Maison Pacifique, the owners wanted to created a truly luxurious experience for our guests using Di 4 Interior Designs for our Interior Design ideas for luxury holiday home rentals.
Working closely with the owners, I selected many interesting features from all over the world. Considering our wish to attract discerning guests who would also keep our private property in excellent condition, we are very happy with the results – and to be honest, we are finding that our designs and choices have remained timeless, with less than expected maintenance but still some scope to add new things too.
Is your next holiday planned around the travel to get there or the destination? Either way, we would all love to know how to get more space on a flight – and we’ve found this great article from The Sydney Morning Herald’s Traveller section (thanks to Jane Fraser) on her tips on how to achieve this..
For the original version, please click here – or just read on!
9. Welcome to all our new subscribers!
March and April saw another big increase in subscribers to our monthly newsletters with more than 100 enquiries! Thank you to all our regular subscribers – we do hope that you continue to enjoy our newsletters each month. Thanks to our returning guests – and don’t forget to tell us about your stay – we love your feedback (and it is important to us!) We look forward to welcoming you all to our property soon – and don’t forget to book early – 2014 is filling fast – and enquiries are starting to float through for 2015 as well!
10. La Maison Pacifique March/April Tweets – my favourites!
To be honest, probably love all my tweets – otherwise I wouldn’t pass them on… 🙂
Local News, Events and Information
- Sydney made it but come north & visit us! RT @luxury__travel:Top 10 holiday rental destinations 2014 bit.ly/1q8Gdsm
- RT @TourismAus: Tourism Australia and BA team up for emotional new campaign ow.ly/vpB0B @travel_today #VisitSoon
- RT @DestTweed: Tweed Shire nominated by Tourism Australia as one of the National Landscapes…. ow.ly/vpvac
- RT @WITGoldCoast: Become #volunteers for @gc2018 and show them our pride for our #GoldCoast #tourism
- Watch what’s happening on the #GoldCoast this weekend! ow.ly/vpst5
Guide to #ByronBay by @_sarahwilson_ow.ly/uSyUt
- Congrats to Will & the #Kingscliff based #in2surf team 🙂 ow.ly/uMe4v #vegemitesurfgroms #quiksilverpro
- Great Video of #Kingscliff ow.ly/uoWz2 #NorthernRivers @DestTweed @visitnsw
- 5 Tips for Mobile Travel Photography goo.gl/kohY8b via @Laurel_Robbins
- RT @nytimes: Apps to help you organize the numerous photos on your phone nyti.ms/1q6H7bO
- Try ours! RT @eatlovesavormag: Discover: The Art of Taking a Bath tinyurl.com/kvrkrxr #luxury ow.ly/vpv3p
- RT @luxury_travel: Taking your phone abroad – what not to do – A Luxury Travel Blog bit.ly/1jMV5yY #travel
- RT @HuffPostTravel: This is what a taxi will cost you around the world huff.to/1ggRmll
- RT @TravlandLeisure: From packing shoes to keeping socks in your carry-on, travelers’ 10 best tips: tandl.me/1lFkQhR
- RT @TravlandLeisure: Here are 12 tips to make international travel easier from @GlobeTrotScott: tandl.me/1kyMJdK
- RT @WondWand: How To Stay Entertained On A Road Trip tinyurl.com/n8hh3jl #travel #ttot #rtw via @mappingmegan
- RT @WeddingLawyers: The Perpetually Panicked Bride (PPB) Is the Ultimate Nightmare @WeddingsinVQS ow.ly/vxWGQ
- RT @ConfettiDDreams: Wedding Planning Series – Tracking Guest RSVPs Free… bit.ly/14AYNlX #Freebies #GuestTracker
- RT @WeddingsinVQS: @FiggieShoes w/@SandyMalone_ Should you have a destination wedding #hilarious idopodcast.com/sandy-malone/
- RT @WeddingsinVQS: Getting Nasty With Yr Planner Won’t Solve Wedding Budget Woes huff.to/1hrNN0m
- RT @SandyMalone_: How To Manage Your Wedding Budget From Day 1 huff.to/1hBSvZr @HuffPostWedding
- RT @easyweddings:Fun wedding day gift for your bridesmaids? ‘Partners in crime’ bracelet: Kate Spade ow.ly/vfK26
- RT @WeddingMix has an incredibly inexpensive way to get your wedding day on video! ow.ly/uRcwk thanks!!
- RT @SandyMalone_: @maisonpacifique 5 ways to navigate your future #inlaws during #weddingplanning in @HuffingtonPost ow.ly/uBEMZ
Wow, another great newsletter packed with some fantastic information ready for your next holiday!
(even if we do say so ourselves!) 🙂
….Have we convinced you yet that your Casuarina NSW holiday could be your best ever at any time of the year? All you have to do now is book your beach holiday! Northern Rivers area NSW (including Kingscliff, Casuarina, Pottsville and Cabarita Beach) is the perfect spot – and its location is ideal – 1/2 way between the Gold Coast and Byron Bay. Patrolled beaches line the coast. We even have Carla, Lisa and Pete’s top tips on things to do in Kingscliff! Check out our blog and news, location and attractions and what’s on and markets for more great tips and things to do on your Northern Rivers summer holidays!
Happy holidays – dream about what is possible; believe you can do it; make the most of your leave; plan, book and enjoy your holiday; then dream about where you will go next! It is your turn!
Would you like to book or find out more about us?
Look at our last minute accommodation specials or
Until next time – enjoy your day wherever you are from La Maison Pacifique “The Peaceful House” and your boutique designer luxury holiday home vacation rental in Casuarina, New South Wales, Australia – half way between the Gold Coast QLD and Byron Bay NSW, Australia.
Property Consultant & Interior Designer
La Maison Pacifique
Telephone – call +61 411 452 759
Mobile/Cell – call or text +61 411 452 759
Email – contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Website – visit http://www.lamaisonpacifique.com
LinkedIn Group – join http://www.linkedin.com/groups/La-Maison-Pacifique-4634043
LinkedIn Company – follow Linked in Company
Google+ Person – add to circle https://plus.google.com/112592221587833404365/
Google+ Page – follow https://plus.google.com/b/112592221587833404365/
Twitter – follow http://www.twitter.com/maisonpacifique
Facebook – like http://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Maison-Pacifique/231607423592843
Newsletter – subscribe at http://eepurl.com/Am0zz
Video Tour – http://www.youtube.com/embed/KR8MiuA00Xg
Wedding Accommodation Video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi7xxUJSDDE