Our La Maison Pacifique September 2013 Update includes our recent social media articles (and some other great information added in) including:
- What we have done at La Maison Pacifique to ignite the 5 senses of all guests + our green initiatives (including 31 brand new solar panels!);
- A range of local upcoming (and current) events and activities – great things to do from now until October 31;
- We’ve done the comparison – 5 Star Resort or Luxury Beachfront Holiday home – the results may surprise (and delight us!)
- How to be a friendly beach-goer. Ideas on ensuring that both you and the people around you enjoy a day at the beach
- Avoiding holiday queues – think George Clooney in “Up in the Air”
- Fun Wedding ideas – perfect for brides considering La Maison Pacifique for the wedding accommodation (and working with local venues and suppliers to plan their special day)
- 20 DIY table number ideas for weddings – loved this post so thought I should share it with you!
- Find us on Pinterest – firstly is our page with my favourite photos. Second is our page with photos from a recent Casuarina Weddings Photo Shoot – La Maison Pacifque could be your setting for your wedding accommodation and photos!
- Places to eat in Pottsville – a beachfront town south of Casuarina but with some great places to eat!
- Casuarina NSW Australia Information – we’ve done Byron Bay, Murwillumbah, Gold Coast, Cabarita Beach and Kingscliff – now it’s Casuarina’s turn!
- Barefoot Bowls at Kingscliff Beach Bowls Club
- The Workshop – a heavenly day spa
- And don’t forget Caba Creative Carnivale is on tomorrow!
You can ink with us via Twitter, facebook, https://plus.google.com/+LaMaisonPacifique1, Linked in Company and Youtube for our news/stories as they happen (although our newsletter does have added extras too). Read on and enjoy!
1. What have you done?
Yes, four little words that can strike fear into the heart of any child “What have you done?”! However, in our case, it is much more positive than that! At La Maison Pacifique it is our aim to provide our guests with the most luxurious holiday experience, supported by superior accommodation in a beautiful setting and which all five senses can respond to. So, how do we do this? With care and attention to detail….
2. Upcoming Events
- Pequena Pop up Restaurant, Salt, Kingscliff – opens 28 August for 3 months
- Knightsfest Kingscliff Lantern Markets, Kingscliff – 4 October
- Ballina Country Music Festival, Ballina – 4-6 October
- Boomerang Festival, Byron Bay 4-6 October
- Sussex Inlet Lions Annual Fair, Lions Park, Kingscliff – 5 October
- Coolangatta Gold, Coolangatta – 19-20 October
- https://www.facebook.com/events/747666185408668/, Kingscliff – 20 October
- Alstonville Agricultural Show, Alstonville – 25-26 October
- Byron Bay Surf Festival, Byron Bay 25-27 October
You can also find more information at Tweedscene.com.au
3. 5 Star Resort or Luxury Beachfront Holiday Home?
We are often asked the question – 5-star Resort or Luxury Beachfront Holiday home? Some say 5-star resort all the way! Others say, hang on, there is nothing better than having your own private resort with everything (and more!) offered at the 5 star resorts – often at a much better price by renting your own private, luxury beachfront holiday home.
So, we’ve done the comparison. We’re not keen on disappointing our neighbours by naming their specific business (as we all have our benefits), but the information in our blog is based on information we could find when comparing our La Maison Pacifique luxury beachfront holiday rental with two beach resorts close by.. We are delighted with our findings.
4. How to be a friendly Beach-goer
We are all about positivity and we’ve found some great tips on how to be a friendly beach-goer. Of course, this doesn’t mean spoiling any of your own fun, it is just about being considerate when you hit the sand!
We were inspired by the article “Beach Etiquette: What not to do at the Beach” By Dara Continenza. To ensure maximum enjoyment for you and your fellow beach bums, be a good citizen with these top things you should and shouldn’t do while soaking up the sun in your favourite beachfront holiday location 0r just your own local beach.
5. Great tips for avoiding holiday queues
When traveling either in a group or as a family we have some great tips for avoiding holiday queues! This is not just about the kids – there are many corporate travelers who are so used to traveling often, (aka George Clooney “Up in the Air”) who have the inside knowledge on reducing your waiting times in holiday queues.
Inspired by the article “How to Cut Lines When You Travel”, and “How to travel like George Clooney in “Up in the Air”” here are my top tips for getting as quickly as you can to the fun part of your holidays!
Whether you are standing in a long customs queue or attempting to visit the New York Galleries on a summer Saturday, we all spend too much time in line. But there’s a better way to see the world: Live life in the fast lane!
6. Fun Weddings Ideas
I have been searching high and low looking for some fun wedding ideas which will enable our brides and grooms to personalise their wedding day. Weddings today have less of a traditional focus, and this is a great opportunity to make your day your own. It is all about ensuring that you, your family and your guests celebrate this special time – and have fun doing it!
So here are 12 fun, personal touches and ideas which you could add to your wedding day to make it extra special for you, your family and your guests….
7. 20 DIY Wedding Table Number Ideas
With significant interest in La Maison Pacifque since we have opened ourselves up for Wedding Accommodation, we are keen for our brides, grooms and their families to have access to other information and tips for wedding days. Here is one we recently found..
8. Places to eat in Pottsville
A quick morning trip to Pottsville on the weekend has inspired me to talk about places to eat in Pottsville! We recommend the White Jade (was back there for lunch this week), although we are pretty tempted by the Pottsville Bakehouse with their amazing selection of pastries.
Just 10 minutes down the road from us at La Maison Pacifique, it is certainly worth the trip to try out the local eateries and shops.
9. Casuarina Australia NSW Information
Casuarina is a town of approximately 1,700 people in far north-eastern New South Wales, Australia in the Tweed Shire.
It is bordered by the Pacific Ocean to the East and Cudgen Creek to the West. Casuarina is located 659kms north-east of Sydney, 21kms south of the Queensland border and 121 kms south of Brisbane.
This blog provides you with some great information about Casuarina, local businesses and things to do.
10. Barefoot Bowls at the Kingscliff Beach Bowls Club
Family holidays are a great time to try new and different activities and we were recently guests of the Kingscliff Beach Bowls Club for their Barefoot Bowls. After enjoying a great (fresh, country-style – and filling!) meal at the Blue Pacific Bistro (choose from either ocean or green views!) we took off our shoes and headed off to the greens.
With some expert coaching from Tails (say hi from us when you see him!) our two groups laid down the kitty. Group one was the “teenagers”; group two the “adults”.
Well, we started off pretty relaxed, but it soon got competitive! Let’s just say that the eldest of each group “won” the night, but there were plenty of good natured ribbing, encouragement and fun along the way. We certainly won’t make the Commonwealth Games Teams, but there were a smattering of great shots!
Think about barefoot bowls with your family during your holidays – if you have half as much fun as we did it will be a hoot!
Happy holidays – dream about what is possible; believe you can do it; make the most of your annual leave; plan, book and enjoy your holiday; then dream about where you will go next! It is your turn!
11. The Workshop
All us ladies are (I think anyway!) always up for a bit of pampering. Our recommendation – save some “me” time on your holiday for a special treat at The Workshop Cabarita Beach. La Maison Pacifique’s owner, Sally, had an amazing Hydrating Facial Therapy with 100% Collagen last night and came out sparkling!
With everything from Hair, facials, hands and feet (Sally also had a great deluxe manicure), massage & body therapy, waxing & tinting, IPL, hair reduction & Photo rejuvenation, remedial massage, naturotherapy, acupuncture and yoga (beginners too!) – your every wish is their commend!
“The Workshop is a vibrant, fun and luxurious health and beauty destination located in beautiful Cabarita Beach. Providing our clients with the very best in beauty, hair and make-up services, our aim is to please, to delight and to make each and every client look, feel and be fabulous. It’s the perfect one-stop-shop before your big event.”
12. Last Minute – Caba Creative Carnivale is on tomorrow!
The inaugural Caba Creative Carnivale is on tomorrow showcasing a range of local produce, businesses, artists, performers, demonstrations, workshops and activities. Should be a fantastic day – might see you there from 1-7pm!
…and… if you are looking for a resort-style luxury beachfront holiday home for your family holiday, romantic break wedding accommodation, (watch our video here), or a girls getaway contact us at La Maison Pacifique for availability and a quote…. Remember, our rates compare really well with local 5-star resorts – and La Maison Pacifique is private – on the beach – walking distance to cafes at Cabarita Beach – perfect spot for whale watching (June to November each year) – children optional!
Would you like to book or find out more about us?
Look at our last minute accommodation specials or
Until next time – enjoy your day wherever you are from La Maison Pacifique “The Peaceful House” and your boutique designer luxury holiday home vacation rental in Casuarina, New South Wales, Australia – half way between the Gold Coast QLD and Byron Bay NSW, Australia.
Property Consultant & Interior Designer
La Maison Pacifique
Telephone – call +61 411 452 759
Mobile/Cell – call or text +61 411 452 759
Email – contact email@example.com
Website – visit http://www.lamaisonpacifique.com
LinkedIn Group – join http://www.linkedin.com/groups/La-Maison-Pacifique-4634043
LinkedIn Company – follow Linked in Company
Google+ Person – add to circle https://plus.google.com/+LaMaisonPacifique1
Google+ Page – follow https://plus.google.com/b/112592221587833404365/
Twitter – follow http://www.twitter.com/maisonpacifique
Facebook – like http://www.facebook.com/pages/La-Maison-Pacifique/231607423592843
Newsletter – subscribe at http://eepurl.com/Am0zz
Video Tour – http://www.youtube.com/embed/KR8MiuA00Xg
Wedding Accommodation Video – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi7xxUJSDDE